The Northern Ireland Assembly Education Service is committed to respecting and protecting your personal information.
Data Controller Name: Northern Ireland Assembly Commission
Address: Parliament Buildings, Ballymiscaw, Stormont, Belfast BT4 3XX
Information Standards Officer: Donna-Marie Clark
Tel: (028) 90521147
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Any information you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. The Northern Ireland Assembly has a legal duty to protect any information collected from you.
What information do we collect about you?
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means (for example by emailing);
- information that you provide when you subscribe to our newsletter; and/or
- information that you provide when you complete online surveys; and/or
How will we use the information about you?
The Assembly may use your personal information:
- to provide you with information that you request from us relating to our products and services;
- to provide you with information relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you (only if you have consented to receive such additional information);
- to inform you about changes to our website, services, or goods and products.
We use a third-party email service, MailChimp, to manage our regular email communications and newsletters to subscribers. MailChimp acts as a data-processor on behalf of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
MailChimp is a US company with staff based outside the European Economic Area. MailChimp stores data in the US however, MailChimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. When you sign up to our email alerts, you agree to your data being stored in this way.
How long will we keep your personal information?
You can unsubscribe from our contact list by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the end of any MailChimp email. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to update your email address, or to request that we delete your email address.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using cookies. You can read more about what cookies are, how we use them and how you can manage cookies on your computer here.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and remove cookies from your browser, however in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Do you share my personal data with anyone else?
As referred to above, the email addresses of subscribers to our newsletter are held by MailChimp. We will not share your personal data with any other organisations or individuals.
What is the lawful basis for processing personal information?
The lawful basis for processing this data is gained through your consent.
- You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed, and access to your personal data
- You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- You have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing, in specific circumstances
- You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data, in specific circumstances
- You have the right to data portability, in specific circumstances
- You have the right to object to the processing, in specific circumstances
- You have rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you would like:
- a copy of some or all of your personal information we hold; and/or
- us to correct or remove personal information you think is inaccurate; and/or
- to withdraw your consent to process your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
How to Contact Us
Tel: (028) 90 521833
How to Complain
If you are unhappy with any aspect of this privacy notice, or how your personal information is being processed, please contact the Northern Ireland Assembly Information Standards Officer at:
Tel: (028) 90521147
If you are still not happy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113