What about the original Agreement?
Although the St Andrews Agreement led to some changes to the operation of the institutions set up under the 1998 Agreement, it also confirmed that:
‘Both governments remain fully committed to the fundamental principles of the (1998) Agreement:
- consent for constitutional change;
- commitment to exclusively peaceful and democratic means;
- stable, inclusive, partnership government;
- a balanced institutional accommodation of the key relationships within Northern Ireland between north and south and within these islands; and
- equality and human rights …’